Rivka Moszkowic, member of the Dror youth movement and the Jewish Fighting Organization in the Warsaw (Warszawa) ghetto.
Rivka Moszkowic was born in Bedzin in 1921. At the outbreak of WWII, she returned to Bedzin from her youth movement activities in Kielce and joined the Dror kibbutz (training commune) there. In the summer of 1943, the kibbutz decided to send Rivka to the “Aryan” side of Warsaw, and Zivia Lubetkin provided her with forged identity papers. On her arrival in Warsaw, Rivka worked beside Yitzhak Zuckerman in transferring weapons to the ghetto and aiding Jews in hiding. During the Polish uprising in August 1944, Rivka Moszkowic was wounded, transferred to the hospital, and died there.
See: Zuckerman, Yitzhak “Antek”, “A Surplus of Memory: Chronicle of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising”, Berkeley: University of California Press, 1993.
17 Notes/ Hide
- wtfisthinprivilege likes this
- cannotremember reblogged this from eurofox
- crisscrosscutout likes this
- dialecticalmaterialistgolddigger reblogged this from winawinadajcie
- livinglullabyyy likes this
- fashionablerevolutionary reblogged this from semiticsemantics
- dancingdingledodies reblogged this from semiticsemantics
- trippedthelightfantastic reblogged this from anti-faschismus and added:
- semiticsemantics reblogged this from eurofox
- lodubimvloyaar likes this
- cannotremember likes this
- dreamingofcossackia likes this
- eurofox reblogged this from winawinadajcie
- eurofox likes this
- winawinadajcie reblogged this from anti-faschismus
- arr0manches likes this
- anti-faschismus posted this